Friday 29 August 2014

UKIP Crawley councillor resigns

Crawley's only UKIP councillor has resigned today as he no longer has the time to commit to the job.

The surprise announcement comes just 24 hours after Cllr Karl Williamson, who defected from the Conservatives, informed the leader of the UKIP Crawley branch of his decision.
It is with regret to announce that I will be resigning from my position as councillor for Southgate with immediate effect.

I have tendered my resignation to the Head of Legal & Democratic Services at the town hall.

Lately, my full time work schedule has become increasingly busy, which has resulted in me spending a lot of time out of the country.

Southgate deserves a councillor who can commit a large percentage of their time to the town, and I am no longer in a position to do that.
We often hear of LibLabCon councillors refusing to resign their seats even if they move hundreds of miles away so it's great to see this great example from a UKIP councillor.