Tuesday 16 March 2010

Mike Nattrass MEP cleared by OLAF

Mike Nattrass MEP has been cleared unequivocally by the European Empire's fraud investigation unit (other peoples' fraud of course, not their own) after a spurious accusation was made against him.
Please note that the EU OLAF enquiry against me is over and I have been totally cleared.

OLAF (EU fraud office) found difficulty in understanding why a complaint had been made and actually refused more information from me, showing that I had followed the EU rules with care, because they already had enough.

It is very easy for anyone to start an OLAF enquiry in order to report "There is an enquiry" to undermine an MEP or to produce internet hate mail.

Many OLAF enquiries are started as a diversion. In my case derailing my UKIP Leadership Election chances was the target.

The allegations made by the Sunday Times implicated Nattrass Giles my former firm. Shouting "fraud" has damaged that business, to the degree that their bank refused them credit, having read the newspaper! In my case it caused an investigation from my professional body The Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors.

There was no fraud whatsoever. Nattrass Giles, gave their services to me within the EU rules, without any fee from the EU allowances to which they were entitled. I want to thank them, apologise for the financial damage to their status and hope they recover.

I am taking legal action against the Sunday Times, as this is the second time they have written lies about me at a time when I was trying to gather UKIP support.

The firm of Nattrass Giles is also taking action against The Sunday Times.

Mike

MIKE NATTRASS MEP