Monday 30 July 2012

Essex County Councillor joins UKIP

Independent Essex County Councillor for Canvey Island, Brian Wood, has joined UKIP.

Cllr Wood will be the first UKIP councillor on Essex County Council which is comfortably controlled by the Tories at the moment.
I have thought long and hard about this and I came to the conclusion that without the support of a credible political party, with realistic aims, policies and plans to achieve them, I can’t get the best results for my constituents. Having studied the wide ranging manifesto being offered by UKIP, I realised that they are the only Party offering a sensible alternative to the ‘spend us into trouble’ Labour Party and the disastrous and rapidly disintegrating Conservative/Liberal Democrat Coalition. Judging by UKIP’s steadily improving domestic election results, it is clear that the public has also noticed that they are the best hope for Britain.