Wednesday 19 November 2014

North Norfolk Conservative councillor defects to UKIP

A Conservative cabinet member on North Norfolk District Council has defected to UKIP.

Cllr Russell Wright said that he believed the Conservative Party had left him, not the other way round and highlighted their failure of young people as a major reason for defecting.
The core values which drew me to the Conservatives were the values my family had lived our life by for generations: Hard work, looking after your own family, a pride in your locality, responsibility not rights, low taxation and welfare only as a last resort.

I'm not an expert economist, but I've been in business for 30 years and I know you cannot spend more than you earn,

“This Tory government has doubled the national debt since 2010. If this carries on, our children and grandchildren will have no future. You can only have welfare if you create the wealth to pay for it.