Friday 23 January 2015

Lib Dem councillor defects to UKIP

Earlier this week we reported that Shepshed Lib Dem town councillor, Diane Horn, had defected to UKIP. She has now spoken to the press to explain her reasons.

Cllr Horn said she was "no longer sure what the Lib Dems represent" and said had become so disillusioned with the party she had lost all her energy. Her disappointment with the party she had represented for the last 8 and a half years is obvious in her comments to the Loughborough Echo.
Many moons ago Britain managed on its own without the EU and they want to make sure the people of England are put first. I did think about standing down altogether but when I got speaking to UKIP, I thought "why waste the nine and a half years you have put into this."

I was tired and had lost all my energy and was frustrated by what was going on and it has given me a new lease of life.
Cllr Horn will be standing for UKIP in the upcoming elections in May.